- 1/2 Cup cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 chopped jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 Cup dried tart cherries
Directions (makes 1 1/2 cups)
Combine dried tart cherries, cherry preserves and vinegar in a small microwavable bowl; mix well. Microwave on High 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Refrigerate, covered, 3-4 hours or overnight. Serve with grilled swordfish or tuna. It is also excellent as a topping for hamburgers.