- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups dried tart cherries
- 1 cup vanilla or chocolate chips
Oatmeal Cherry Cookies
Directions (makes about 4 dozen cookies)
Put margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed 3 to 4 minutes, or until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Stir in oats cherries and chocolate chips; mix well.
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in a tightly covered container.